As Franklin Street’s in-house Senior Counsel, Joseph Etter employs his extensive background in business, construction, and real estate law to guide the company’s overall legal framework. In this respect, he advises the firm and its diverse lines of business in managing litigation risk, contract review and negotiation, advising on regulatory issues and protecting the company’s corporate assets.
Board Certified in Construction Law, Mr. Etter brings valuable experience in providing strategic advice to clients on construction, leasing and development across various property types. He has successfully negotiated numerous multi-million-dollar transactions for developers, contractors and other parties in residential and commercial projects. He is also well-versed in zoning and variance matters, liens and bond claims, delay claims, licensing and all other construction disputes.
Prior to joining Franklin Street in 2022, Mr. Etter was a partner at boutique a business litigation firm, where he chaired the Construction Law Practice Group and sat on its Executive Committee. In that role, he developed a passion for advising organizations on their prospective growth while providing accurate risk assessment and managing exposure to civil and administrative actions.
- Member of Florida Bar, Member of Middle and Southern District Courts of Florida
- Member of Hillsborough County Bar Association
- Member of St. Petersburg Bar Association
- Chair of Construction Law Section – St. Petersburg Bar Association
- America’s Top 100 Lawyers – Civil Defense Litigation
- Super Lawyers – Rising Stars
- AV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Stetson University College of Law, Cum Laude
- University of Central Florida, Bachelor of Science