Franklin Street is currently seeking an Insurance Controller to join our team in Tampa, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in accounting, finance, or related fields. CPA is strongly preferred. A minimum of 5 years of hands-on insurance agency experience as a Controller or Manager of an accounting team is required. Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite and a high level of proficiency working with accounting software systems is also required.
The Insurance Controller will manage the day-to-day accounting operations for the Insurance division. The person in this role will provide the leadership necessary to reach a high level of production and provide exceptional service to our internal and external clients.
- Oversees the day-to-day accounting operations for the Insurance division, including but not limited to cash management, A/P, A/R, Balance Sheet reconciliations, general ledger, month-end reporting, and financial statements.
- Assures accurate and timely financial and management reporting in accordance with GAAP, tax requirements, and management reporting requirements.
- Directs the development and maintenance of planning and budgeting systems, general and cost accounting, as well as the preparation of financial and management reports.
- Prepares budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis.
- Manages the insurance accounting staff, including recruiting, training, performance management, and coaching for all team members.
- Promotes a team environment and provides work direction.
- Identifies and implements business process improvements and new accounting operating procedures to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
- Answers questions for management regarding accounting issues and troubleshooting any issues that arise.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year accredited college or university in accounting, finance, business, or a related field is required, CPA is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of hands-on insurance agency experience as a Controller or Manager of an accounting team required.
- A high level of proficiency working with accounting software systems is required, AMS360 is strongly preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel, Outlook, Word, and related software required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to interpret complex financial documents.
- Excellent attention to detail with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced setting.
- Professional business demeanor and ability to handle confidential and time-sensitive information appropriately.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to speak clearly and concisely. Must possess the ability to represent the company professionally both in person and over the phone with a pleasant demeanor and customer service focus.
About Franklin Street:
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet clients’ evolving needs. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company-sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.