Franklin Street is currently seeking a Corporate Accounting Manager to join our team in Tampa, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess an undergraduate degree in accounting, business, finance or related field. 6+ years of applicable general accounting experience required. Certified Public Accountant designation strongly preferred. High level of proficiency in computer skills and ability and willingness to learn new software programs is required. NetSuite Accounting Software experience strongly preferred.
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
- Follows generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to perform a variety of accounting functions for various real estate and related service companies:
- Performs journal entries
- Compiles and prepares monthly financial statements
- Prepares general ledger reconciliations
- Performs month-end closing processes
- Oversees accounts receivables, accounts payables, and payroll transactions
- Responsible for administering accounting policies & procedures, monitoring internal controls and database management
- Supervises the corporate accounting staff
- Works on special projects and performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent management and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Ability to follow direction and work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to query, manage, comprehend, and provide analysis for large data sets and complex business documents required
- Strong work ethic and the ability to hit set deadlines
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, prioritize tasks, and manage rapidly changing and challenging assignments in a team environment
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment
Education and Technical Requirements
- 6 years or more of applicable general accounting experience required
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in accounting, business, finance, or related field from a regionally accredited college or university
- Certified Public Accountant designation highly preferred
- High level of proficiency in computer skills including MS Office applications (Excel,Word, Outlook) and internet / application software is required along with a willingness and ability to learn new software programs
- NetSuite Accounting Software experience strongly preferred.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.