Join us on Tuesday, April 26 for a morning full of insights, predictions, and an in-depth look into Fort Lauderdale’s commercial real estate market. Franklin Street’s Evan Seacat, Regional Managing Director in Ft. Lauderdale, will join fellow CRE experts and business leaders to discuss the biggest developments in one of the hottest markets in South Florida.
What You’ll Learn:
- The pandemic has driven migration to South Florida. Why are people choosing Fort Lauderdale over Miami and Palm Beach to live?
- Fort Lauderdale ranks as one of the nation’s top 10 “Getaway Destinations.” What does the hospitality sector offer and what does its continued growth look like?
- While overall office vacancy has increased slightly, this is due to the delivery of new office space. Will this help rental rates increase for owners yet keep them at competitively lower rates than other areas in South Florida? What other impacts will the demand and delivery have on the office market?
- Fort Lauderdale has not seen the same new-to-market increase in tenants as other cities in South Florida, however, it is attracting relocations from around the area. What are the driving factors attracting these companies to relocate their HQs to Fort Lauderdale? Will this increase migration?
- Industrial leasing activity in Fort Lauderdale in 2021 drastically outpaced activity from 2020, and net absorption reached a record high. What are the main drivers of success for this asset in the market? Will there be enough demand in 2022 to fill this space?
About Evan Seacat:
As Regional Managing Director for Franklin Street’s South Florida offices, Evan Seacat oversees a team of 30+ professionals who specialize in all sectors of commercial real estate, including insurance, investment sales, capital and leasing for owners and occupiers of virtually every commercial property type. Mr. Seacat also serves in a production role as Managing Director of Insurance Services, representing owners of commercial property in their insurance and risk management needs. He and his team currently insure approximately 30,000 apartments, making Franklin Street one of the largest multifamily insurers in the Tri-County South Florida area. The team also insures many retail, office and industrial properties throughout the region.
Mr. Seacat’s dual roles as a market leader and insurance broker with involvement in every one of Franklin Street’s diverse business lines, gives him a unique and well-rounded perspective that benefits his clients and team members.