PLEASE NOTE: The ideal candidate for this role currently lives in the market with an established network. Additionally, candidate is actively engaged in a Brokerage and/or Leadership role for their current company.
Franklin Street is currently seeking a Managing Director – Market Leader to join our team in Nashville, TN.
The ideal candidate must possess at least 10 years of commercial real estate experience, along with leadership experience. Must have advanced negotiation and research abilities, as well as the ability to source, recruit, hire, motivate, grow, and lead a highly successful team. Must be engrained in the market and industry with and established network, and a long-term vision for the future.
The Managing Director/Market Lead provides leadership of the office across all lines of business in coordination with the company’s objectives. The position’s primary focus is to grow all lines of business by building brand awareness in the market and recruiting team members. In addition, the Managing Director will be available to provide support to agents through coaching and mentorship.
- Develop and execute growth strategy in collaboration with Line Leads and Growth Dept. through recruitment and M&A
- Inspire, engage, and recruit high level targeted prospects for lateral hiring.
- Develop and maintain strategic pipelines for new agent candidates through college recruiting efforts including campus relationships, events, and alumni networks.
- Maintain a systematic process for identifying, targeting, and developing new business opportunities.
- Establish and maintain relationships with regional business leaders, property owners, tenants, current and prospective clients.
- Develop & execute geographic based brand development plan leveraging Marketing resources.
- Support sales agents in the development of their professional networks by making key introductions and identifying appropriate means for expanding their presence within their market segment.
- Coordinate with the sales manager and respective Line Leads to ensure agents are properly prepared to execute business objectives.
- Assist in cross-selling within their office by identifying areas of overlap in clients & service needs.
- Serve as a source of mentorship for agents by meeting regularly with all agents in local market.
- Provide leadership and support for the Operations Manager.
- Review office financial reports to ensure expense management and revenue targets.
- Manage development of annual office budget related to administrative activities.
- Develop, coordinate, and execute strategy for office lease management.
- Promote an office culture consistent with the company culture and value statements.
- Attend and encourage participation in company team building and philanthropy events.
- Minimum 10 years of current Commercial Real Estate Brokerage Experience required. (Investment Sales or Leasing preferred)
- Leadership experience highly preferred.
- Established relationships, memberships in applicable associations, and engrained in the market and industry.
- Willingness and ability to abide by the Franklin Street core values: Collaboration, Integrity, Hard Work, Innovation and Accountability.
- Proven ability to grow and lead a team of highly successful professionals.
- Advanced negotiation skills required.
- Excellent time-management skills, coachable, while working independently with little supervision.
- Ability to analyze the most complex business/financial data and develop innovative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college required. Degree in business, finance, real estate, accounting, or related field is preferred.
- Active real estate or commercial insurance license a plus.
About Franklin Street:
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet clients’ evolving needs. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and offices across the Southeast, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Franklin Street has an excellent track record of providing established agents with the room and support they need to grow their businesses and teams. Our fully integrated service model, robust tools and supportive and collaborative culture make us the perfect place to see your business thrive.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.