Franklin Street, a full-service commercial real estate firm headquartered in Tampa, has been tapped to be the exclusive leasing broker for 194,093 square feet of office space in the Westshore submarket. Clay Wommack, director of Franklin Street’s Office and Industrial Services division, and Brad Saulson, associate director, are leading the effort in locating new tenants and renewing existing ones.
The Kennedy Center is a five-story, 97,930-square-foot multi-tenant building located at 5100 West Kennedy Blvd. Anchored by L3 Communications, a global defense contractor, the property is positioned near major highways and is within walking distance of the Westshore Mall. The building has a solid mix of tenants that include IT, real estate, mortgage and insurance companies, law firms and outsourcing firms to name a few. The location also includes an on-site parking deck.
In addition, Franklin Street is leasing One President’s Plaza located at 4902 Eisenhower Blvd. near the Veterans Expressway. The three-story, 96,163-square-foot office building is anchored by Healthpoint, a division of BayCare Health. Existing tenants include a private career college, nonprofit, real estate and mortgage companies, health care and insurance companies and an executive placement firm. The property is convenient to Tampa International Airport and Pinellas County.
Both properties are owned and managed by Research Management Corporation.
“We are thrilled ownership selected us to reposition these two great office buildings,” Wommack said. “It’s very exciting to work on assets that have some of the largest contiguous space available in Westshore, as this market is very tight and limited on large blocks. One President’s Plaza can accommodate a tenant who needs up to 20,000 square feet for a very attractive rate. There’s easy access to major roads and potential building signage that is highly visible from Veterans Expressway.”
In addition to these two new assignments, Wommack and Saulson recently secured new tenants or renewed leases on behalf of their landlord clients, including:
• ADI renewed its lease for 8,594 square feet at Corporex Plaza located at 6802 Lakeview Center Drive, Tampa, FL 33619.
• Angels Care Home Health renewed its lease for 8,144 square feet of space at the President’s Plaza Service Center located at 4801-4801 George Road, Tampa, FL 33634.
• The Tampa Bay Events Group leased 3,160 square feet, and Nutra Inc. extended its lease for 1,823 square feet, at the President’s Plaza Service Center located at 4801-4803 George Road, Tampa, FL 33634.
• Expert Security Professionals signed a new lease for 1,565 square feet at Corporex Plaza located at 3904 Park Drive, Tampa, FL 33619.
• Dr. Theodore Grellner, DDS renewed a lease for 2,035 square feet, and the Law Offices of Marc R. Tiller PA renewed a lease for 859 square feet, at Palm Lake at Tampa Palms, located at 15310 Amberly Drive, Tampa, FL 33647.
# # # #
About Franklin Street: Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, and Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide. For more information on Franklin Street, please visit FranklinSt.com.