Jeff Rood is an industrial real estate specialist with Franklin Street in Jacksonville. In this role, he represents owners and occupiers of industrial and other properties throughout Florida in a variety of real estate needs, including investment sales, leasing, site selection, development, and more.
Mr. Rood transitioned to brokerage after a career in commercial real estate law in Jacksonville, having practiced as a senior associate with the large Florida-based law firm GrayRobinson, PA and then as a sole practitioner. He has unique and highly relevant experience; for example, he served as the sole counsel to the owner of a four-property, 15-tenant industrial portfolio in Jacksonville, negotiating all of its leases and renewals for three years, before successfully providing all legal guidance in the portfolio’s complex $38M sale.
With his legal background, Mr. Rood brings a valuable set of creative thinking and technical skills. He has extensive knowledge of sales, leases and loans related to performing and non-performing industrial, office, retail, and hotel properties, as well as land. Further, Mr. Rood is experienced in pushing transactions over the hurdles that arise during high pressure and impactful moments when negotiating purchase agreements or addressing issues during due diligence periods.
- NAIOP Northeast Florida
- Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch – Jacksonville, FL – Real Estate Law (2021, 2022)
- Ilene Sari Selevan Young Leadership Award – Jewish Federation & Foundation of Northeast Florida (2017)
- Jewish Federation & Foundation of Northeast Florida – Board Member (2018 – 2022)
- Riverside Avondale Preservation – Zoning Committee Member (2018 – 2022)
- Rail Yard District Business Council – Member (2022)
- Duke University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science
- Bob Graham Center for Public Service, Minor in Public Leadership