As Managing Director, Brian Bern specializes in retail tenant representation. Responsible for the launch of the retail leasing division for Franklin Street’s Tampa office, Mr. Bern oversees all of Tampa’s retail leasing business development for both, the Landlord Representation division, and the Retail Tenant Services Group. Mr. Bern has led his team to more than $600 million-worth of leasing transactions since joining Franklin Street in 2010 and continues to grow Franklin Street’s presence throughout Southwest Florida. Brian’s experience also includes retail landlord leasing, disposition, land transactions, and helping developers identify sites for shopping center development.
Since 2002, he has completed hundreds of leasing transactions valued at more than $300 million and has represented a variety of national and regional clients including Chick-fil-A, D1 Sports, Great Clips, Keke’s Breakfast Cafe, Little Greek, Massage Envy, Mavis Tires, Skechers, Texas Roadhouse and Wingstop.
Prior to joining the company, Mr. Bern was responsible for listings and business development on Florida’s west coast for Florida-based regional commercial real estate organization, Sevell Realty Partners, Inc. Mr. Bern began his career working for national retailers OfficeMax and Pearle Vision as a Real Estate Analyst. He then went on to work with several publicly-held real estate investment trusts – identifying and procuring sites for retail development.
- International Council of Shopping Center (ICSC), Member for 20+ years
- Licensed Florida Real Estate Salesperson
AWARDS & RECOGNITION
- Franklin Street Sales Achievement Award, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2021
- CREW Tampa Bay Retail Lease Excellence Award, 2017
- Costar Power broker, 2008, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016
- Franklin Street Award, 2011, 2013, 2015
- Great Clips’ Exclusive Agent of the Year, 2015
- Franklin Street Leadership Award, 2014
University of Wisconsin, B.S. in Economics