Franklin Street is currently seeking a Senior Property Accountant to join our Property Management Team in Orlando, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess a minimum 5-7 years of experience in commercial Real Estate accounting, commercial and/or multifamily experience. Yardi property management software proficiency required. A Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in accounting, business, finance, or related field from a regionally accredited college or university and/or equivalent property accounting experience and/or CPA is strongly preferred.
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
- Manages and works with property and in-house accounting teams to perform the day to day financial operations
- A/R process including tenant receipt recognition/cash flow projection/tracking
- A/P process including invoice review/approval/check runs
- Tenant billing/maintenance/lease abstraction review
- Assists/Reviews annual budgeting process
- Assists/Reviews annual CAM reconciliation process
- Monthly journal entries
- Manages the monthly financial closing process including
- Monthly preparation of client required financial reports
- General ledger reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Addresses any client financial inquiries/concerns
- Responsible for administering accounting procedures, monitoring internal controls and database management
- Communicates on a daily basis with property management, asset managers, and/or property owners.
- Assists with any special projects/financial analysis.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, prioritize tasks, and manage rapidly changing assignments in a team environment.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in accounting, business, finance, or related field from a regionally accredited college or university and/or equivalent property accounting experience and/or CPA is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 5-7 years of experience in commercial Real Estate accounting, commercial and/or multifamily experience required.
- Yardi property management software proficiency required.
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate and work in a collaborative manner with a diverse team.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and the ability to hit set deadlines.
- Advanced accounting and analytical skills.
- Supervisory experience a plus.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.