Franklin Street is currently seeking a Senior Financial Underwriter to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
The ideal candidate must possess at least 3 years of experience in underwriting and an undergraduate degree in finance, economics, or related field. Previous experience in commercial real estate lending or investment banking is preferred.
The Senior Financial Underwriter will support our Capital Markets team to enable them to reach a high level of production and provide exceptional value to our clients. Included will be the performance of the duties that follow.
- Prepares detailed financial analysis for investments in multiple real estate asset classes including but not limited to core commercial real estate property types.
- Ability to create financial models at both the property and entity level.
- Assembles comprehensive offering memorandums and presentation materials of all types to pitch to potential clients & potential capital providers/partners.
- Coordinates and collects market research and data to determine appropriate rents, expenses, and vacancy assumptions for new underwriting and/or presentation materials.
- Proactively collects, catalogues, and previews various trade areas and geographies to identify strategic investment opportunities.
- Updates and maintains internal database specifically tracking comparative deal executions.
- Proactively researches and stays abreast of industry changes and creates summary reports for the capital market team.
- Provides documentation of investment issues and root cause for future issue avoidance.
- Performs historical and current analysis at both the company and property level related to economic metrics, along with current micro and macro market conditions, to determine financial underwriting and presentation assumptions to present to clients along with the decision logic needed in order to make recommendations.
- An intermediate to advanced comprehension of various commercial real estate debt & equity products, programs, and providers.
- Ability to read offering memorandums, property financial statements, pro formas, budgets, and other related materials to understand and extract critical information.
- Experience in cash flow forecasting, financial analysis, and real estate pro forma modeling.
- Ability to work well with groups under pressure when superiors give you big projects on short notice for pitches to private and institutional partners and clients.
- Professional-level writing skills.
- Understanding of how to create interactive maps using Google, Bing, etc.
- Fluent with real estate concepts for all major property types, strong grasp of financial terms and principles necessary in real estate underwriting (IRR, NPV, Return on Equity, investor waterfall structures, etc.)
- Working knowledge of capital markets.
- Proven knowledge of capital markets related to private equity or investment banking.
- Experienced in Market Sales, Secondary Mortgage Markets (e.g., Mortgage-Backed Securities, Whole Loans, and Asset Backed Securitization).
- Ability to take direction but work independently or as part of a team.
- Proactive thinker with a detail-oriented approach to problem solving.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and the ability to meet time-sensitive deadlines. Ability to multi-task and adjust priorities in a constantly changing, fast-paced environment.
- 3-5 years of capital markets or commercial real estate experience required.
- An undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or related field from a regionally accredited university or college required.
- Advanced MS Office competencies, including Excel, Word, and Outlook, organizational skills and customer service focused interpersonal skills.
- Previous work experience in commercial real estate lending or investment banking a plus.
About Franklin Street:
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet clients’ evolving needs. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company-sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.