Franklin Street is currently seeking a Multi-Family Regional Property Manager to join our Property Management Team in Tampa, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years previous Multi-Family management and/or real estate experience with an emphasis on bottom line profitability OR: 10+ years of related experience required (if no Bachelor’s degree). A high level of proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required.
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
- Working directly with owner/investment partners to understand and execute the business plan.
- Developing the annual budget for each asset within the assigned portfolio.
- Having a strong understanding of financial statements, how they are created and how operational decisions / strategy affect the financial performance of the assets.
- Ensuring each asset meets or exceeds budgeted goals by working with internal departments, property staff, the clients, and any other appropriate parties to identify and resolve deficiencies in the financial performance of the portfolio.
- Ensuring all required reports are completed accurately and delivered to necessary parties in a timely and professional manner.
- Ensuring that all Financial Policies and Procedures are consistently adhered to by the team members of the assigned portfolio.
- Developing / maintaining a marketing plan for each asset by conducting market surveys, shopping competitor properties in person and online and identifying market trends
- Training and monitoring the effectiveness of Leasing Agents.
- Reviewing the effectiveness of all Marketing initiatives and adjusting the marketing plans accordingly.
- Ensuring all Marketing materials (both digital and print) are always current and accurate.
- Always maintaining a deep understanding of the sub-markets of the assets.
- Promotes client satisfaction and retention through timely reporting and consistent communication about the performance of the assets/portfolio.
- Being professional and responsive to all client concerns, questions, issues, and requests.
- Being professional and responsive to all team members and corporate departments.
- Resolving or assisting in the resolution of any escalated tenant issues.
- Participating in any business development initiative up to and including pitches to prospective clients.
- Ensuring that all property staff members provide the highest level of service and respect for tenants, clients and each other.
- Overseeing, to varying degrees the recruitment, hiring, on-boarding, training, development and off-boarding of all property-level positions.
- Providing clear and consistent feedback to team members while promoting teamwork, respectfulness and accountability.
- Participating in the Annual Review Process.
- Communicating regularly and effectively with Human Resources regarding pertinent employee-related matters.
- Effectively communicates appropriate property level information to Corporate Departments and vice versa.
- Serving as the main point of contact between Management and Owner(s).
- Conducting weekly team calls with the managers reviewing the portfolio and discussing new company initiatives.
- The comprehensive understanding of all Management Agreement terms / requirements and the effective communication of said requirements to the appropriate Team Members.
- Knowing, implementing, and enforcing all policies and procedures, including but not limited to OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards, Fair Housing, etc.
- Demonstrating a comprehensive knowledge of relevant technology, systems, and software and ensuring all property level employees understand and can utilize these resources in accordance with company policy and best practices.
- Overseeing risk management programs and safety standards for the properties, Team Members and tenants.
- The oversight and management of large capital projects.
- Performing routine site inspections to ensure the physical appearance of each asset meets established standards and expectations.
- Performing routine site inspections to ensure compliance with all company polies and procedures.
- Coordinating, consulting, negotiating and monitoring the various vendors that provide goods and services to the properties.
- Participation in the effective transition of property acquisitions and dispositions, as assigned.
- Manages and/or assists with special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Travel and overnight stays may be required based on business needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- High level of proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required.
- Yardi or other property management software experience preferred.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret complex business documents, lease documents and detailed financial summaries.
- Leads by example by cultivating company values of accountability, collaboration, hard work, and integrity
- Works professionally under pressure and responds positively to change.
- Professional communication and grammar skills required; both verbal and written.
- Ability to put together professional, accurate and useful presentations.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Must always present a professional appearance and attitude.
- Excellent time-management skills and ability to multi-task.
- Moderate math skills required: ability to compute rates, ratios, percentages and interpret graphs.
- This position may require significant travel. Expenses within Company guidelines will be reimbursed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of five years previous management and/or real estate experience with an emphasis on bottom line profitability OR:
- 10+ years of related experience required (if no Bachelor’s degree).
- CPM or CAM preferred.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.