Join Franklin Street – the fastest growing commercial real estate firm in the Southeast!
At Franklin Street, we achieve success with a collaborative company culture – hiring top professionals sharing our value for integrity, hard work, and accountability.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Franklin Street is currently seeking a Property Manager to support the Property Management team at The Morrison apartments located in Tampa, FL.
- Operates the property efficiently in compliance with Company guidelines in order to achieve maximum return on investment (ROI) for the property owner. This includes but is not limited to:
- Manages the rent collection process
- Executes job duties to ensure that occupancy meets Company targets
- Ensures guidelines are followed for purchasing supplies, maintaining expenses within budget and obtaining bids on appropriate property projects, etc
- Manages all property staff including recruitment, hiring, training, motivation, performance evaluation and coaching, counseling and/or terminations under the direction of the RPM
- Ensures that all employees always maintain a professional appearance and courteous demeanor
- Ensures all employees receive adequate training which includes Company policies and procedures, legal compliance, safety, and other related topics
- Prepares payroll / timecard reports. Reviews, verifies, and approves all staff time sheets daily
- Oversees the maintenance and physical operations of the property through the utilization of Maintenance Supervisor and staff.
- Performs regular physical inspections of the property including vacant and “make-ready” apartments and follows up with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that work has been completed to Company standards
- Ensures property and staff always maintain a safe environment for residents and staff including compliance with legal guidelines and Company standards. Always executes company safety program effectively
- Conducts regular (monthly at minimum) inspections of apartments, common areas, and amenities
- Manages the property office activities and staff including leasing apartments, marketing, preparing and submitting financial reports, etc
- Ensures that all sales techniques and methods required by the Company are being used effectively and in a legal and professional manner
- Prepares or supervises the timely and accurate preparation of all required management and accounting reports and forms, including daily bank deposits, monthly collection reporting, delinquency reports, accounts payable, statement of deposit accounts, human resources forms, safety reporting, and monthly market surveys
- Maintains proficiency with company equipment and software systems (Yardi, time management, MSOffice, Outlook, etc.) in order to review and reconcile monthly reports, communicate effectively, and follow company procedures
- Ensures orderly records are maintained in accordance with applicable laws and company policy and procedure
- Plans, coordinates, and participates in resident retention functions
- Maintains and utilizes supervisory level knowledge of common property management business practices in order to ensure effective implementation of plans and strategies and to ensure timely corporate reporting including:
- Company policies and procedures, market data, systems reporting tools, general accounting processes, legal compliance including Fair Housing and OSHA etc.
- Communicates effectively to ensure goals are being achieved
- Models a high level of customer service and ensures all employees display a courteous and helpful attitude towards residents, co-workers, and all visitors to the property
- Performs daily review of service requests to ensure timely completion and adherence to legal time restraints
- Practices and promotes a team environment
- Follows and demonstrates Company policies, procedures, and best practices, both as an individual as the leader of her team
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Yardi experience preferred
- 2+ years of apartment complex management experience strongly preferred
- Above average telephone and communication skills including the ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language at a fluent and professional level
- Strong communication skills paired with the ability to train and coach staff
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow through
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
Education and Technical Requirements
- Proficiency with standard office equipment including computer, MSOffice suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), calculator, fax machine, and electronic scanner
- Supervisory level math skills including the ability to calculate pro-rations, bank deposits, time keeping records, etc
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- High school diploma level of education or above
Learn more about Franklin Street at www.FranklinSt.com.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.