Franklin Street is currently seeking a Property Coordinator to join our team in Tampa, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess at least 3 years of experience of related experience, preferably in the Property Management industry. Must be highly organized and analytical, with the ability to interpret and execute general instructions day-to-day. Intermediate to advanced computer skills required, with strong experience working with Microsoft Office, as well as the willingness and ability to learn new systems. Yardi experience is preferred. Bi-lingual in English and Spanish is preferred.
The Property Coordinator provides general administrative support for the Property Management Team in managing all aspects of a single property or portfolio of commercial, industrial, or retail properties. This position requires a high degree of attention to detail and exceptional organizational ability. The environment is fast paced and requires strong collaboration. The Property/Facility coordinator assists with tenant and vendor customer services. This role requires strong systems proficiency (Excel, Outlook, etc.), accounting acumen, and an enthusiasm for customer service.
- Maintains tenant, vendor, and property files, including insurance certificates, lease abstracts, etc. in accordance with prescribed standards.
- Works with Building Technician staff and vendors to compile a list of maintenance items.
- May open work orders.
- Coordinates and monitors status of work assigned to vendors.
- Assists with budget preparation by researching costs for supplies and services and obtaining bids as directed.
- Comply with bid process guidelines.
- Assists with preparations of monthly and quarterly management reports.
- Assists with preparation of Common Area Maintenance (CAM) dues, invoices, and related correspondence.
- Administers accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Codes invoices for payment, inputs into accounting system and forwards original invoices to accounting for payment.
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks for assigned staff including but not limited to phone support, draft, preparation and distribution of correspondence, expense reporting, calendar, and scheduling, meeting coordination, filing, and copying (both paper and electronic), etc.
- May provide informal assistance such as technical guidance, and/or training to coworkers.
- May coordinate and assign tasks to co-workers within a work unit and/or project.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience and/or training required.
- Professional business level communication skills including the ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language at a fluent and professional level. Bilingual is preferred.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret instructions, short correspondence, and memos and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, co-workers, and/or supervisor.
- Ability to effectively present information to an internal department and/or large groups of employees.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills.
- Ability to understand and carry out general instructions in standard situations. Ability to solve problems in standard situations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.), general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Ability to produce well-written reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from senior level management, clients, tenants, vendors, peers, and the general public.
- Strong communication skills paired with the ability to train and coach staff and discuss complex issues and participate in negotiations with owners and contractors.
- Ability to follow process and procedure.
- Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous service to customers.
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow-thru.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment and stay highly organized to prioritize the multiple tasks of follow-up items.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in computer skills including MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and internet / application software is required along with a willingness and ability to learn new software programs. Proficiency with standard office equipment required.
- Requires basic knowledge of financial terms and principles and an ability to calculate simple figures such as percentages.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance coverage in accordance with Company guidelines. Driving to various properties in the assigned portfolio may be required.
- Yardi or comparable property management software proficiency a plus.
About Franklin Street:
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet clients’ evolving needs. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company-sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.