Franklin Street is currently seeking an Operating Engineer to join our team in Tampa, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess general maintenance skills and the ability to operate standard maintenance in a proper and safe manner. Must have a working knowledge in pertinent laws, as well as OSHA and EPA regulations. Must have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in commercial HVAC service and/or repairs. Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in English with tenants, co-workers and vendors. Universal CFC certification required. High school diploma or GED is required.
The Operating Engineer is a skilled tradesman who will assist in the hands-on maintenance of building systems to ensure the safe, efficient, and proper operations of assigned properties. The Operating Engineer will perform repairs and help in the operation, monitoring, and performance of preventive maintenance on the building systems as directed by the lead Operating Engineer, Chief/Assistant Chief Engineer or the General Manager.
- The Operating Engineer performs all maintenance activities of the building(s) including repairs, preventative maintenance, in a timely manner and according to company policies and procedures.
- The position will also include hands-on repair & maintenance work on HVAC, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building automation systems, card access systems, door & gates systems, building envelope systems, grounds and parking lots, interior finish systems, lighting systems, and various other R&M tasks associated with operation of a commercial property.
- Identify energy savings opportunities at facilities including system and operational changes that can decrease the property’s energy consumption.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and maintenance shop in adherence with company guidelines.
- Must be available and willing to answer 24-hour maintenance emergency calls.
- Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed.
- Participates in weekly safety training and completion of hazardous equipment safety checklist along with daily productivity meetings with the Property Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to take direction but work independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English at a fluent level in both written and verbal form with tenants, co-workers, and vendors.
- General knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the asset. (electrical, plumbing, swimming pools)
- Ability to effectively use computers and computer programs (including use of Microsoft Office Suite), skill in use of the internet to navigate to and use web-based applications, and ability to use handheld electronic devices.
- Possess excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Has knowledge of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper use, storage, and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics, etc.
- Ability to work outdoors and/or without air conditioning for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate standard maintenance equipment in a proper and safe manner including but not limited to:
- General hand tools
- Appliance Dolly
- HVAC gauges and cleaning chemicals
- Electric power tools
- Ladders including extension ladder
- Recovery Unit
- Pressure washer
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in commercial HVAC service and repairs.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Universal CFC certification required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
About Franklin Street:
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company-sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.