At Franklin Street, we achieve success with a collaborative company culture – hiring top professionals sharing our value for integrity, hard work, and accountability.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Franklin Street is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for the Property Management team. This Maintenance Technician will support the Skye Reserve apartments located in Brandon, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess a general knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the community, including but not limited to: Freon recovery, electrical, plumbing and swimming pool maintenance. Ability to operate standard maintenance equipment in a proper and safe manner. At least one year experience in apartment maintenance or similar field. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license. A high school diploma or equivalent professional knowledge is required.
- The Maintenance Technician performs or coordinates all maintenance activities of apartment community/communities including general repairs, installations, preventative maintenance, and construction in a timely manner and per company policies and procedures in order to maximize the property’s occupancy and return-on-investment.
- Completes service requests within 24 hours.
- Performs trash-outs and make-readies to ensure units are ready for future residents as quickly as possible.
- Changes locks and makes keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to apartment (or vice versa) as circumstances warrant. Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliances, etc. to dumpster when necessary.
- Diagnoses and performs maintenance/repair, as directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- A/C and heating systems
- Appliances (gas or electric – varies by property)
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings
- Tile, carpet, flooring
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Interior/exterior lights
- Ceiling fans
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Water heaters, boiler, gas and electric (varies by property)
- Door deadbolts, hardware, mail boxes, and locks
- Ceiling leaks
- Pool areas, tile, Jacuzzi, pool furniture
- Maintains a clean and orderly shop in adherence with company guidelines.
- Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed. Adheres to OSHA safety standards that are applicable for the safe performance of job duties.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Works on special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to take direction but work independently.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English at a fluent level in both written and verbal form with residents, co-workers, and vendors.
- General knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the community. (I.e. Freon recovery, electrical, plumbing, swimming pools).
- Ability to work outdoors and/or without air conditioning for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate standard maintenance equipment in a proper and safe manner including but not limited to:
- General hand tools
- Appliance Dolly
- A/C gauges and cleaning chemicals
- Welding torch
- Electric power tools
- Ladders including extension ladder
- Recovery Unit
- Gas and electric powered, or hand-held chain saw and/or pole saw
- Mower (hand-push and riding)
- Blower / Trimmer / Edger
- Pressure washer
Education and Technical Requirements
- Up-to-Date Universal type EPA Certification required from an approved and licensed authority.
- Swimming Pool Certification not required, but a plus.
- At least 1 year experience in apartment maintenance or similar field.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and professional knowledge of trades / maintenance discipline are required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license (as applicable by property).
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer