Join Franklin Street – the fastest growing commercial real estate firm in the Southeast!
At Franklin Street, we achieve success with a collaborative company culture – hiring top professionals sharing our value for integrity, hard work, and accountability.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Franklin Street is currently seeking an Maintenance Supervisor HVAC for the Property Management team to support Thee Boardwalk apartment community here at Ft. Myers, FL. Successful candidates will be those possessing a background in maintaining the physical integrity of multifamily properties.
- Completes service requests within 24 hours.
- Participates in an ongoing community improvement plan and preventative maintenance program.
- Performs trash-outs and make-readies to ensure units are ready for future residents as quickly as possible.
- Changes locks and makes keys.
- Diagnoses and performs maintenance/repair, as directed, involving the following on a daily basis:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- A/C and heating systems
- Appliances (gas or electric – varies by property)
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings, roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Tile, carpet, flooring, walls, ceiling fans, interior/exterior lights
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Water heaters, boiler, gas and electric (varies by property)
- Door deadbolts, hardware, mail boxes, and locks
- Ceiling leaks, water irrigation systems, pool areas, tile, Jacuzzi, pool furniture
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and maintenance shop in adherence with company guidelines.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory and orders maintenance supplies as needed with the Property Manager’s approval.
- Keeps property common areas and grounds neat and free of litter. Performs routine grounds keeping when necessary, weeds, rakes, sweeps, shovels, as circumstances warrant.
- Responsible for the thorough knowledge, implementation, training and enforcement of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper use, storage, and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics, and freon.
- Assists Property Manager with preparation and adherence to community financial reports, budgets, expenditures, etc. Accountable for the overall financial performance and goal attainment of the property.
- Walks property daily with or without Property Manager.
- Ensures that units are market ready in a timely manner and in accordance with corporate directives.
- Ensures preventative maintenance is performed on a timely basis and ensures preventative maintenance is planned in a proactive manner and schedules are followed.
- Obtains bids and interacts with contractors. Remains knowledgeable of competitive pricing of supplies and services.
- Assists with resident functions as required.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Must adhere to schedule, be prompt, on time to work and have good, regular attendance.
- Must have reliable transportation. Job will require trips to pick up supplies etc. and may travel to perform work at other properties in the geographic area.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Must be willing to perform work at or be assigned to other communities as needed.
- Must be available and willing to answer 24- hour maintenance emergency calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English at a fluent level in both written and verbal form with residents, co-workers, and vendors is required.
- General knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the community. (I.e. Freon recovery, electrical, plumbing, swimming pools).
- Ability to work outdoors and/or without air conditioning for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate standard maintenance equipment in a proper and safe manner.
- Prior experience in building management systems.
- Knowledge of fire sprinkler systems.
- At least 3 years experience in apartment maintenance or related field.
- Up-to-Date EPA Universal Certification required from an approved and licensed authority.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and professional knowledge of trades / maintenance discipline are required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and adequate car insurance.
- Swimming Pool Certification (CPO) not required, but a plus.
- Cooling tower experience.
Learn more about Franklin Street at www.FranklinSt.com.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.