Franklin Street is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to support our property in Tampa, FL, The Morrison Apartments.
The ideal candidate must possess an up-to-date EPA certification from an approved or licensed authority. At least 3 years’ experience in a multifamily maintenance position or similar field. Must be able to take and give direction fluently in English. Additional fluency in Spanish is preferred. General knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the community. Valid driver’s license is required.
The Maintenance Supervisor will maintain the physical integrity of the community. This involves ensuring a safe, secure, and comfortable living environment for residents, visitors, and staff. The Maintenance Supervisor HVAC will initiate, implement, and carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as required by the needs of the Property, Property Manager, or other designated supervisor.
- Completes service requests within 24 hours.
- Participates in an ongoing community improvement plan and preventative maintenance program.
- Performs trash-outs and make-readies to ensure units are ready for future residents as quickly as possible.
- Changes locks and makes keys.
- Diagnoses and performs maintenance/repair, as directed, involving the following daily:
- Electrical and plumbing (including water lines)
- A/C and heating systems
- Appliances (gas or electric – varies by property)
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings, roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Tile, carpet, flooring, walls, ceiling fans, interior/exterior lights
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors.
- Water heaters, boiler, gas and electric (varies by property)
- Door deadbolts, hardware, mailboxes, and locks
- Ceiling leaks, water irrigation systems, pool areas, tile, Jacuzzi, pool furniture
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and maintenance shop in adherence with company guidelines.
- Maintains proper levels of inventory and orders maintenance supplies as needed with the Property Manager’s approval.
- Keeps property common areas and grounds neat and free of litter. Performs routine groundskeeping when necessary, weeds, rakes, sweeps, shovels, as circumstances warrant.
- Responsible for the thorough knowledge, implementation, training and enforcement of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper use, storage, and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics, and Freon.
- Assists Property Manager with preparation and adherence to community financial reports, budgets, expenditures, etc. Accountable for the overall financial performance and goal attainment of the property.
- Walks property daily with or without Property Manager.
- Ensures that units are market ready in a timely manner and in accordance with corporate directives.
- Ensures preventative maintenance is performed on a timely basis and ensures preventative maintenance is planned in a proactive manner and schedules are followed.
- Obtains bids and interacts with contractors. Remains knowledgeable of competitive pricing of supplies and services.
- Assists with resident functions as required.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Must adhere to schedule, be prompt, on time to work and have good, regular attendance.
- Must have reliable transportation. Job will require trips to pick up supplies etc. and may travel to perform work at other properties in the geographic area.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency.
- Must be willing to perform work at or be assigned to other communities as needed.
- Must be available and willing to answer 24- hour maintenance emergency calls.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English at a fluent level in both written and verbal form with residents, co-workers, and vendors is required.
- Spanish fluency strongly preferred.
- General knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the community. (I.e., Freon recovery, electrical, plumbing, swimming pools).
- Ability to work outdoors and/or without air conditioning for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate standard maintenance equipment in a proper and safe manner.
- At least 3 years’ experience in apartment maintenance or related field.
- Up-to-Date EPA Universal Certification required from an approved and licensed authority.
- A high school diploma or equivalent and professional knowledge of trades / maintenance discipline are required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and adequate car insurance.
- Swimming Pool Certification (CPO) strongly preferred.
About Franklin Street:
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company-sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.