Join Franklin Street – the fastest growing commercial real estate firm in the Southeast!
At Franklin Street, we achieve success with a collaborative company culture – hiring top professionals sharing our value for integrity, hard work, and accountability.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Franklin Street is currently seeking a Laundry Attendant for The Exchange Hotel team located in St. Petersburg, FL.
Salary Range: $13 – $16/hr
- Operating commercial washing and drying equipment
- Loading and unloading textiles from commercial equipment
- Measuring and dispensing cleaning agents in machines according to company policies and procedures
- Monitoring equipment information panels and reporting irregularities to immediate supervisor
- Properly pretreating, washing, drying, and cooling textiles in accordance with manufacturer recommendations and company policies and procedures
- Sorting and pretreating textiles as needed
- Folding textiles according to company policies and procedures
- Transporting textiles within the laundry area and to various storage areas throughout the hotel
- Reporting any repairs or work order requests in accordance with all company policies and procedures
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area and storage rooms in adherence with company guidelines
- Ensuring that all storage areas, maintenance shops, vacant rooms, and other restricted areas remain locked and secured when not in use
- Adhering to the schedule, be prompt, on time to work and have good, regular attendance
- Stocking and maintaining all supply rooms
- Escalating guest complaints, concerns, and questions to Front Office Manager or General Manager, if necessary
- Performing administrative duties such as filing and updating records, among others, as needed
- A thorough knowledge, implementation, and enforcement of all policies and procedures of Franklin Street Management Services, including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards, etc.
- Managing and/or assisting with special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Showing a high level of customer service and displaying a courteous and helpful attitude towards guests, co-workers, and all visitors to the property
- Following and demonstrating Company policies, procedures, and best practices
- Must be available for weekend, holiday, and evening work
- Must be willing to be assigned to other properties as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Above average telephone and communication skills including the ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language at a fluent and professional level
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow through
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must always maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma level of education or above. College degree and/or certification a plus.
- 1+ year of Laundry Attendant or Housekeeping experience in a hotel environment required
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.