Franklin Street is currently seeking a Junior Accountant to join our Property Management Team in Tampa, FL through the DoD SkillBridge Program.
The ideal candidate must possess 1-2 years of accounting experience with a focus on accounts payable (A/P) and accounts receivables (A/R) and bank reconciliation. Must have previous working experience with Yardi software and be enrolled in the Transition Assistance Program. Intermediates excel skills are required for this role. Bachelor’s degree in accounting is strongly preferred but not required.
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
- Manages all aspects of the accounts payable function including entering invoices, reviewing credit card statements and gathering supporting documentation, processing checks and outgoing ACH/wires and serving as the primary contact for A/P inquiries.
- Prepares and records assigned journal entries for monthly closing. Reconciles specific general ledger accounts. Reviews for accuracy and corrects posting entries.
- Participates in monthly and annual closing as required.
- Manages the accounting records and files including A/P, cash receipts, cash deposits and bank statements.
- Assists all Accountants with daily bank reconciliations.
- Responsible for year end 1099 reporting for all property management clients.
- Responsible for inputting leases, posting revised billings, running commercial billings and sending rent statements to tenants.
- Calculates sales tax and submits filings/payment online.
- Responsible for administering accounting procedures, monitoring internal controls and database management.
- Assists Controller, Vice President of PM Accounting, and fellow team members in all areas as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 0-2 years of applicable experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software or applicable education is preferred.
- Purchase Order process experience preferred.
- Must be highly organized and have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to follow-direction and work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written/verbal/interpersonal communication skills sufficient to communicate and interact effectively with customers and co-workers.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English) (both in person and over the phone). Must be able to speak clearly and concisely with good use of grammar skills. Bilingual (Spanish) helpful.
- Ability to communicate and work in a collaborative manner with a diverse team.
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize work load required.
Education and Technical Requirements
- Must be enrolled in the Transition Assistance Program.
- Excellent data entry skills are required.
- Proficiency in Yardi property management software preferred.
- Proficiency in: Excel, Word, Outlook, and related software required.
- General knowledge of basic accounting level math skills, ability to calculate percentages, pro-rations, etc. required.
- High School Diploma or higher level of education required. Applicable coursework in accounting, business, finance, or related field, and/or equivalent property accounting experience a plus.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.