Join Franklin Street – the fastest growing commercial real estate firm in the Southeast!
At Franklin Street, we achieve success with a collaborative company culture – hiring top professionals sharing our value for integrity, hard work, and accountability.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Franklin Street is currently seeking a Housekeeper for The Exchange Hotel team located in St. Petersburg, FL.
Salary Range: $13 – $19/hr
- Cleaning guest rooms in a timely and organized manner in accordance with all company policies and procedures
- Cleaning other areas, as assigned, including, but not limited to: restrooms, hallways, lobby, offices, meeting rooms, pool area, and other public areas
- Performing cleaning duties which include, but at not limited to:
- Picking up trash in rooms, hallways, and other common areas
- Using brooms, vacuums, mops, and other cleaning equipment
- Changing or replenishing bed linens, towels, and guest amenities, as needed
- Making beds
- Disposing of trash
- Dusting, polishing, and cleaning surfaces and washing windows
- Frequently using cleaning chemicals
- Performing guest turn down service, if requested
- Reporting any repairs or work order requests in accordance with all company policies and procedures
- Responding to housekeeping requests from guests and management in a timely and professional manner
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area, linen cart, and storage rooms in adherence with company guidelines
- Ensuring that all storage areas, maintenance shops, vacant rooms, and other restricted areas remain locked and secured when not in use
- Assisting with functions and events as required, including set up and clean up
- Adhering to the schedule, be prompt, on time to work and have good, regular attendance
- Stocking and maintaining all supply rooms
- Handling and resolving all guests’ complaints, concerns, and questions and providing exceptional customer service
- Escalating guest complaints, concerns, and questions to Front Office Manager or General Manager, if necessary
- Communicating regularly and effectively with engineering and the front desk staff to ensure the front desk area, lobby, and other common areas meet company standards at all times
- Performing administrative duties such as filing and updating records, among others, as needed
- A thorough knowledge, implementation, and enforcement of all policies and procedures of Franklin Street Management Services, including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards, etc.
- Managing and/or assisting with special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Showing a high level of customer service and displaying a courteous and helpful attitude towards guests, co-workers, and all visitors to the property
- Following and demonstrating Company policies, procedures, and best practices
- Must be available for weekend, holiday, and evening work
- Must be willing to be assigned to other properties as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Above average telephone and communication skills including the ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language at a fluent and professional level
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow through
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must always maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma level of education or above. College degree and/or certification a plus.
- 1+ year of Housekeeping experience in a hotel environment required
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.