Join Franklin Street – the fastest growing commercial real estate firm in the Southeast!
At Franklin Street, we achieve success with a collaborative company culture – hiring top professionals sharing our value for integrity, hard work, and accountability.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Franklin Street is currently seeking an Engineer for The Exchange Hotel team located in St. Petersburg, FL.
- Performing all maintenance activities of the property including repairs and preventative maintenance in a timely manner and according to company policies and procedures
- Interacting with guests and staff to identify, diagnose, repair, and resolve issues related to the maintenance of the property
- Participating in an ongoing property improvement plan and preventative maintenance program
- Identifying energy savings opportunities at facilities including system and operational changes that can decrease the property’s energy consumption
- Installing, removing, and/or relocating heavy appliances and equipment, as required
- Assisting in moving furniture, appliances, and other heavy items when necessary
- Maintaining a clean and orderly work area, storage areas, and maintenance shop in adherence with company guidelines and ensuring that all storage areas, maintenance shops, vacant rooms, and other restricted areas remain locked and secured when not in use
- Diagnosing and performing maintenance and repair, as directed, involving the following on a regular basis:
- Electrical, including interior and exterior lighting, ceiling fans, etc.
- HVAC systems
- Water irrigation systems
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, and railings
- Flooring, walls, ceilings
- Water intrusion (roof leaks, floods, etc.)
- Roofing, gutters, fasteners
- Gas fixtures and appliances
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, and sliding glass doors
- Boiler, gas and electric, water heaters
- Door deadbolts, hardware, mailboxes, and locks
- Security systems
- Pool areas, including tile, pool furniture, hot tubs
- Electronic gate systems
- Building envelope systems
- Parking lots, landscaping, and common areas
- Card access systems
- Various other repair and maintenance tasks
- Ensuring that the property grounds are neat and free of litter
- Performing routine groundskeeping when necessary: weeds, rakes, sweeps, shovels
- Identifying and correcting any unsafe conditions, such as open holes, broken glass or gates, broken or malfunctioning lights, etc.
- Thorough knowledge, implementation, and enforcement of all policies and procedures of Franklin Street Management Services, including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards, Fair Housing, etc.
- Thorough knowledge, implementation, and enforcement of pertinent laws and EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper use, storage, and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics, and freon
- Participating in weekly safety training and completion of hazardous equipment safety checklist along with daily productivity meetings with the General Manager
- Maintaining awareness of all utility meter cut-offs, room and fixture cut-offs, sewer cleanouts, etc.
- Maintaining courteous and helpful demeanor with residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, and guests.
- Assisting with functions as required, including set up and clean up
- Acting as a team member with all associates of the management staff
- Adhering to a schedule, be prompt, on time to work and have good, regular attendance.
- Must have reliable mode of transportation at all hours. Job will require response to emergency calls outside of business hours, trips to pick up supplies etc. and may require travel to perform work at other properties in the geographic area.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted at home and to respond in cases of emergency
- Responsible for reporting any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the tenants or the property
- Responsible for seeking educational opportunities and information to stay updated on current best-practices and regulations related to job duties and completing all assigned tasks
- Communicating regularly and effectively with housekeeping and the front desk staff to ensure the front desk area, lobby, and other common areas meet company standards at all times
- Reviewing and obtaining proper approval for all purchases with complete adherence to budget
- Demonstrating professional level knowledge of technology, systems, and software
- Performing administrative duties such as filing and updating records, among others, as needed
- A thorough knowledge, implementation, and enforcement of all policies and procedures of Franklin Street Management Services, including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards, etc.
- Managing and/or assisting with special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Maintaining proficiency with company equipment and software systems (Opera, Paylocity, MSOffice, Outlook, etc.) in order to review and reconcile monthly reports, communicate effectively, and follow company procedures
- Ensuring orderly records are maintained in accordance with applicable laws and company policy and procedures
- Showing a high level of customer service and ensures all employees display a courteous and helpful attitude towards guests, co-workers, and all visitors to the property
- Following and demonstrating Company policies, procedures, and best practices, both as an individual as the leader of their team
- Must be willing to perform work at or be assigned to other properties as needed
- Must be willing to work on-call shifts and weekend hours
- Must be available and willing to answer 24- hour maintenance emergency calls
- Must be available for weekend, holiday, and evening work
- Works on special projects and performs additional job duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to take direction but work independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English at a fluent level in both written and verbal form with tenants, co-workers, and vendors
- General knowledge of building codes and laws applicable to the asset (Freon recovery, electrical, plumbing, swimming pools)
- Ability to effectively use computers and computer programs (including use of Microsoft Office Suite), skill in use of the internet to navigate to and use web-based applications, and ability to use handheld electronic devices
- Ability to work outdoors and/or without air conditioning for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate standard maintenance equipment in a proper and safe manner including but not limited to:
- General hand tools
- Appliance Dolly
- HVAC gauges and cleaning chemicals
- Welding torch
- Electric power tools
- Ladders including extension ladder
- Recovery Unit
- Gas and electric powered or hand-held chain saw and/or pole saw
- Mower (hand-push and riding)
- Pressure washer
Education and Experience:
- Up-to-Date Universal type EPA Certification required from an approved and licensed authority
- Minimum 2 years of experience in property maintenance or similar field
- A high school diploma or equivalent and professional knowledge of trades / maintenance discipline are required
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.