Franklin Street is currently seeking a Groundskeeper/Utility Engineer to join our team in Tampa, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess general maintenance skills and the ability to operate standard maintenance in a proper and safe manner. Experience in commercial cleaning is preferred, as well as lawn maintenance. Some knowledge of horticulture or plant care is a plus. Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally in English with tenants, co-workers and vendors. High school diploma or GED is required.
The Groundskeeper / Utility Engineer will support our property management team by ensuring that the property is clean and well maintained for our tenants, staff, and guests. Ideal candidates will be those with a strong work ethic and an enthusiasm for customer service. Staff in this position must be able to take direction but work independently. Role will include daily grounds keeping, painting interiors and exteriors, assisting property engineers when needed, light custodial duties with some responsibility for basic maintenance work.
- Maintains the appearance of property’s grounds, common areas, according to Franklin Street standards.
- Performs grounds keeping / landscaping duties which include but are not limited to:
- Mows lawns
- Plants and maintains landscaping including weeding, trimming, edging, pest control, etc.
- Interior and Exterior painting projects
- Minor sheetrock and drywall repair
- Participates in an ongoing grounds improvement plan and preventive program.
- Performs custodial duties which include but are not limited to:
- Picks up litter daily.
- Uses brooms, blowers, and other cleaning equipment to clean parking lots, areas around dumpsters, steps, stairs, balcony floors, common areas, club house, etc.
- Performs daily cleaning and upkeep of common areas on the property.
- Responsible for the care, maintenance, and inventory of all supplies and equipment, etc. owned by the property and/or the management company.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Pressure washes outer buildings, sidewalks, etc. as needed.
- Assists Operating Engineer and General Manager with other specified duties which includes but is not limited to:
- Painting – General and touch-up across a portfolio of 5 commercial properties
- Plumbing- Assist Property Engineer with plumbing repairs and replacements
- Maintains a clean and orderly workshop.
- Delivers / posts fliers.
- Assists with general preventative maintenance and basic repair tasks as assigned.
- Assists service team as needed with special projects.
- Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed. Adheres to OSHA safety standards that are applicable for the safe performance of the job.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with tenants, prospective tenants, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Maintains the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance at all times.
- Reports any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or tenants.
- Responsible for thorough knowledge and adherence to all Franklin Street policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to take direction but work independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English at a fluent level in both written and verbal form with tenants, co-workers, and vendors
- Ability to work outdoors and/or without air conditioning for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate standard maintenance equipment in a proper and safe manner including but not limited to:
- General hand tools
- Appliance Dolly
- Electric power tools
- Ladders including extension ladder
- Pressure washer
- Experience in commercial cleaning and operation of cleaning equipment and use of cleaning materials
- Some experience in maintenance preferred, some general repair and maintenance skills required
- Experience in general plant and lawn maintenance and operation of lawn machinery required
- Some specialized knowledge of plant care or horticulture training a plus
- Must meet all job requirements and be able to take direction
- High school graduate or GED
About Franklin Street:
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company-sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.