At Franklin Street, we achieve success with a collaborative company culture – hiring top professionals sharing our value for integrity, hard work, and accountability.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company-sponsored philanthropy events.
Franklin Street is currently seeking a Groundskeeper/Utility Engineer for the Property Management team. This Maintenance Technician will support Westshore City Center located in Tampa, FL.
- Maintains the appearance of property’s grounds, common areas, according to Franklin Street standards
- Performs grounds keeping / landscaping duties which include but are not limited to:
o Maintains landscaping including weeding, cleanup of mulch beds, etc.
o Interior and Exterior painting projects
o Minor sheetrock/drywall repair
o Participates in an ongoing grounds improvement plan and preventive maintenance program
- Performs custodial duties which include but are not limited to:
o Picks up litter around campus daily
o Uses brooms, blowers, and other cleaning equipment to clean parking lots, areas around dumpsters, steps, stairs, common areas, etc.
o Performs daily cleaning and upkeep of common areas on the property
o Responsible for the care, maintenance, and inventory of all supplies and equipment, etc. owned by the property and/or the management company
o Replaces light bulbs and cleaning light fixtures
o Pressure washes outer buildings, sidewalks, etc. as needed
- Assists Building Engineering team with other specified duties which includes but is not limited to:
o Painting – General and touch-up across a portfolio of 6 commercial properties
o Plumbing- Assist Property Engineering with plumbing repairs and projects
o Maintains a clean and orderly workshop.
o Delivers / posts fliers for property management
o Assists with general preventative maintenance and basic repair tasks as assigned.
o Assists property management and/or building engineering team as needed with special projects.
- Adheres to and complies with company safety policies and rules and wears personal protective equipment (PPE) as directed. Adheres to OSHA safety standards that are applicable for the safe performance of the job.
- Maintains courteous and helpful demeanor with tenants, prospective tenants, co-workers, vendors, etc.
- Maintains the required property uniform and ensuring a professional appearance at all times.
- Reports any unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or tenants to property management
- Responsible for thorough knowledge and adherence to all Franklin Street policies and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to take direction but work independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally in English at a fluent level in both written and verbal form with tenants, co-workers, and vendors
- Ability to work outdoors and/or without air conditioning for extended periods of time
- Ability to operate standard maintenance equipment in a proper and safe manner including but not limited to:
o General hand tools
o Appliance Dolly
o Electric power tools
o Ladders including extension ladder
o Pressure washer
- Experience in commercial cleaning and operation of cleaning equipment and use of cleaning materials
- Some experience in maintenance preferred, some general repair and maintenance skills required
- Experience in general plant and lawn maintenance and operation of lawn machinery required
- Some specialized knowledge of plant care or horticulture training a plus
- Must meet all job requirements and be able to take direction
- High school graduate or GED
Learn more about Franklin Street at www.FranklinSt.com.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) reference and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.