Franklin Street is currently seeking a Front Office Manager to join our Hotel Management Team in St. Petersburg, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess 2+ years of front office hotel experience. Strong communication and customer service skills paired with the ability to train and coach staff. College degree and/or certification is a plus.
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
- Defining and implementing front desk objectives and procedures
- Recruiting, hiring, training, and development of all front desk staff positions under the direction of the General Manager
- Handling and resolving all guests’ complaints, concerns, and questions and providing exceptional customer service
- Escalating guest complaints, concerns, and questions to General Manager, if necessary
- Ensuring that all front desk staff members provide the highest level of service to guests and visitors
- Ensuring that the front desk and reception area is kept clean and organized
- Maintaining front desk office supplies and equipment
- Ensuring all required daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports are completed accurately and delivered to necessary parties in a timely and professional manner
- Thorough review of financial statements, operational activities, and other performance data to measure front desk performance and identify areas of improvement
- Reviewing and obtaining proper approval for all purchases with complete adherence to budget
- Utilizing preferred vendors to ensure best pricing and consistent quality
- Demonstrating managerial level knowledge of technology, systems, and software to ensure all front desk staff members utilize technology, systems, and software in accordance with company standards
- Supervising staff and all front desk activities including bookings, appointments, phone calls, and emails
- Conducting and documenting performance reviews with the front desk staff
- Generating reports and feedback for presentation to the General Manager
- Performing administrative duties such as filing and updating records, among others, as needed
- Providing clear and consistent feedback to front desk staff members while promoting teamwork and collaborative environment
- Communicating regularly and effectively with the General Manager and Human Resources regarding employee performance, onboarding and offboarding, and other employee-related matters
- Reviewing, verifying, and approving all staff time sheets daily and prepare timecard/payroll reports
- Ensuring that all front desk employees meet training requirements
- Understanding the terms of the Management Agreement and communicating the terms effectively
- A thorough knowledge, implementation, and enforcement of all policies and procedures of Franklin Street Management Services, including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards, etc.
- Performing routine site and safety inspections to ensure the physical appearance of the front desk area and lobby meets company and owner established standards and expectations and communicates all concerns and requests for capital in a timely and professional manner to the General Manager
- Coordinating with vendors, consultants, and other contractors as needed by obtaining bids, submitting quotes and contracts to General Manager for approval, monitoring progress, processing invoices, and facilitates communication between vendors and General Manager
- Managing and/or assists with special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Maintaining proficiency with company equipment and software systems (Opera, Paylocity, MSOffice, Outlook, etc.) in order to review and reconcile monthly reports, communicate effectively, and follow company procedures
- Ensuring orderly records are maintained in accordance with applicable laws and company policy and procedures
- Showing a high level of customer service and ensures all employees display a courteous and helpful attitude towards guests, co-workers, and all visitors to the property
- Following and demonstrating Company policies, procedures, and best practices, both as an individual as the leader of their team
- Must be available for weekend, holiday, and evening work
- Must be willing to be assigned to other properties as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Above average telephone and communication skills including the ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language at a fluent and professional level
- Strong communication skills paired with the ability to train and coach staff
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow through
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Proficiency with standard office equipment including computers, iPads and tablets, MSOffice suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), calculators, fax machines, and electronic check scanners
- Supervisory level math skills including the ability to calculate pro-rations, bank deposits, time keeping records, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must have reliable transportation in order to make daily bank deposits, attend meetings, pick-up supplies, etc. as needed
- Yardi Suite experience preferred
- Limited travel and overnight stays may be required
- Must always maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Education and Experience:
- High school diploma level of education or above. College degree and/or certification a plus.
- 2+ years of front office hotel experience required
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.