Join Franklin Street – the fastest growing commercial real estate firm in the Southeast!
At Franklin Street, we achieve success with a collaborative company culture – hiring top professionals sharing our value for integrity, hard work, and accountability.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Franklin Street is currently seeking a Front Desk Agent for The Exchange Hotel team located in St. Petersburg, FL.
Salary Range: $13.25 – $16.25/hr
- Greeting guests upon arrival in a friendly and professional manner
- Providing information about the hotel, available rooms, rates, and amenities
- Performing all check-in and check-out tasks for guests, including assigning rooms, programing keys, collecting payment, resolving disputed charges,
- Record all guest communication and preferences in the system
- Manage online and phone reservations
- Process any reservation changes or cancellations in a timely manner and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Accurately process all payments, including cash and credit card transactions, in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Handling and resolving all guests’ complaints, concerns, and questions and providing exceptional customer service
- Escalating guest complaints, concerns, and questions to Front Office Manager or General Manager, if necessary
- Communicating regularly and effectively with Housekeeping to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy, and fully furnished to accommodate guests’ needs
- Communicating regularly and effectively with engineering and housekeeping to ensure the front desk area, lobby, and other common areas meet company standards at all times
- Confirm group reservations and arrange personalized services for VIP customers and event attendees, such as wedding guests
- Upsell additional facilities and services, when appropriate
- Maintain updated records of bookings and payments
- Ensuring that the front desk and reception area is kept clean and organized
- Maintaining front desk office supplies and equipment
- Ensuring all required daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports are completed accurately and delivered to necessary parties in a timely and professional manner
- Reviewing and obtaining proper approval for all purchases with complete adherence to budget
- Demonstrating professional level knowledge of technology, systems, and software
- Performing administrative duties such as filing and updating records, among others, as needed
- A thorough knowledge, implementation, and enforcement of all policies and procedures of Franklin Street Management Services, including OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) standards, etc.
- Managing and/or assisting with special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Maintaining proficiency with company equipment and software systems (Opera, Paylocity, MSOffice, Outlook, etc.) in order to review and reconcile monthly reports, communicate effectively, and follow company procedures
- Ensuring orderly records are maintained in accordance with applicable laws and company policy and procedures
- Showing a high level of customer service and ensures all employees display a courteous and helpful attitude towards guests, co-workers, and all visitors to the property
- Following and demonstrating Company policies, procedures, and best practices, both as an individual as the leader of their team
- Must be available for weekend, holiday, and evening work
- Must be willing to be assigned to other properties as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Above average telephone and communication skills including the ability to read, write, and comprehend the English language at a fluent and professional level
- Strong analytical, problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow through
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever changing environment
- Proficiency with standard office equipment including computers, iPads and tablets, MSOffice suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), calculators, fax machines, and electronic check scanners
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Limited travel and overnight stays may be required
- Must always maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma level of education or above. College degree and/or certification a plus.
- 1+ years of front desk experience required
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.