Franklin Street is currently seeking a Director, Mergers & Acquisitions to join our Corporate Team in Tampa, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or business- related field; MBA with a finance concentration strongly preferred. Five or more years of Mergers & Acquisition experience. Commercial Real Estate/Insurance experience preferred.
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
- Develop and deploy robust merger and acquisition pipeline process, targeting strategic growth priorities. Work with Business Line Leadership teams to plan ongoing outreach program to develop relationships with targets.
- Conduct market analysis to Identify and screen potential acquisition/partnering targets; support target identification activities and manage comprehensive acquisition pipeline.
- Direct end to end process including identification of potential targets, the negotiation process, execution of transaction and integration planning at a corporate level. Will partner with business divisions, finance, legal and other SMEs to ensure benefits of transactions are realized
- Drive the development/enhancement of Franklin Street M&A methodologies (diligence, planning, carve-out, etc.) and approaches.
- Perform comprehensive financial analysis, modeling, and valuations for M&A transactions
- Creation of collateral, offering memoranda, management and board presentations, and other material relevant to originating and executing M&A transactions
- Ensure the accuracy of all presentation materials and deliverables through a strong attention-to-detail
- Conduct industry and company-specific research, and track trends and transactions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive experience conducting diligence meetings with internal and external parties
- Skilled in negotiation and influence
- Experience managing all facets of a deal, including superior skills in screening, and analyzing potential opportunities, cultivation, conducting due diligence, structuring, negotiating, executing, closing, and integrating deals.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, work within a cross functional team environment and communicate effectively with multiple constituents.
- Superior financial and analytical skills, including valuation methodologies; strong accounting background a plus.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), negotiation skills and a collaborative/team approach to execution.
- Strong project management methodology background, including schedule, scope, issue and risk management experience, change management, strategic planning and analysis
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and to use discretion in the performance of daily activities
- Experience with drafting and / or negotiation of transaction documents
Education and Technical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or business-related field required; MBA with finance concentration strongly preferred
- 5+ years in of M&A Experience
- Commercial Real Estate/Insurance experience preferred
- Powerful messaging, presentation, and communication skills
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.