Franklin Street is currently seeking a Director, Capital Markets to join our Capital Advisory Team in Atlanta, GA.
The ideal candidate must possess at least 5 years of capital markets or commercial real estate experience. Undergraduate degree in finance, economics or related field from a regionally accredited university or college is required. Commercial real estate underwriting experience is preferred. Passionate about real estate and consistent pursuit of self-improvement and education. Sales personality with an ability to drive sales through cold calls and referrals.
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with lending institutions, banks, and capital sources.
- Generates sales leads from knowledge of industry players, networking, cold calling, and attending trade shows.
- Establishing and maintaining a database of potential clients and industry contacts.
- Collaborates with other Franklin Street companies by sharing knowledge, clients, and market trends.
- Capacity to understand structured credit products, especially with respect to commercial mortgages is essential. Successful people in this role must learn and get to know the players in the industry very well, including rough size of their assets under management, who the decision makers are within each company, what kind of budgets they roughly have, and how they approach structured credit products (i.e., know who are the best candidates for the Franklin Streetsolutions). After identifying who the decision makers are, the Capital Associate should be able to learn and become proficient at how to be able to get in to see them.
- Acts in an advisory role with the client, contributing to their success by providing strategic input and value-added solutions.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of competitor’s products and services and distinguishes Franklin Street from the competition.
- Proactively researches and stays abreast of industry changes, drives education of the customer.
- Understands pricing and loan structures and how they are applied to client objectives.
- Works with peers to proactively identify new opportunities in the market and help develop new solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 5+ years of capital markets or commercial real estate experience preferred.
- Successful candidates must have the personality and drive to be effective as a sales person including the ability to make cold calls and drive referrals.
- Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or related field from a regionally accredited university or college required.
- Mid-level to advanced MS Office competencies, including Excel, Word, and Outlook, organizational skills and customer service focused interpersonal skills.
- Commercial real estate underwriting experience preferred.
- Strong communication and sales skills, with the ability to independently source new business and achieve monthly origination goals.
- Highly analytical, strong written and verbal communication, resourceful, and one who takes the initiative and is confident in one’s work and abilities.
- Extremely well organized with the ability to effectively multi-task and calmly handle large workload.
- Passion for real estate and consistent pursuit of self-improvement and education.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.