Franklin Street is currently seeking a Communications Manager to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
The ideal candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, communications, or a similar relevant field. Must have at least five years’ experience in communications or marketing, preferably in the Commercial Real Estate industry. Experience managing social media as well as planning and executing events is strongly preferred.
The Communications Manager will support the Corporate Marketing team with the coordination and execution of all external and internal communications initiatives.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive communications strategy that supports the company’s overall goals and objectives.
- Experience managing external PR agencies when needed.
- Experience managing employees in multiple markets.
- Create and manage the production of marketing collateral, including brochures, presentations, and proposals.
- Manage the company’s social media accounts and create content for online channels.
- Draft and edit press releases, articles, and other written materials for publication.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key media outlets and journalists to secure media coverage for the company.
- Identifies and secures awards and recognition that will highlight franklin Street’s brand and promote expanded business opportunities.
- Writes bylined articles and arranges speaker opportunities in partnership with business experts to promote their lines of business.
- Plays an integral role in business-to-business content development including independent research, writing, and editing.
- Monitor and analyze media coverage and industry trends to inform communications strategies and tactics.
- Collaborate with multiple business lines to ensure alignment of messaging and branding.
- Manage the company’s website and ensure it is up-to-date and engaging for visitors.
- Manage the communications budget and allocate resources effectively.
- Strong writing and editing skills, with experience in drafting press releases, articles, and other written materials for publication.
- Experience managing social media accounts and creating content for online channels.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience planning and executing events and other promotional activities.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders.
- Knowledge of industry trends and best practices in communications and marketing
- Experience managing a budget and allocating resources effectively.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to take direction but work independently with little supervision.
- Understanding of the news cycle and basic PR processes
- Ability to think critically, creatively, and innovatively.
- Self-starter that works well under pressure and responds proactively to change.
- Must be neat, organized and detail oriented.
- Experiencing writing and pitching press releases preferred
- Experience working with website platforms such as WordPress and Wix
- Experience working with a media tracking program such as Cision, Meltwater, Mention, Hoote suite Insights.
- Experience working with digital newsletter programs, such as Constant Contact Mailchimp, and Hubspot
- B.S./B.A. degree in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in communications or marketing, preferably in the commercial real estate industry
- High level of proficiency in computer skills including MS Office applications (Excel, Access, Word, Outlook, Power Point, Publisher, Adobe Photo Shop) and content management systems is required.
About Franklin Street:
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet clients’ evolving needs. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company-sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.