Franklin Street is currently seeking a Client Support Associate to join our Insurance Services Team in Tampa, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess an undergraduate degree in Insurance, Risk Management, Actuarial Sciences, Finance or related field from a regionally accredited university or college, 1-3 years of supporting a commercial insurance business, and must have or be actively working towards a Property and Casualty Insurance License. With preferred experience in commercial real estate or sales.
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
- Activities primarily related to Acquisitions and Lender Compliance:
- Evaluates client’s exposures and will create premium estimates for client’s potential commercial real estate acquisitions.
- Updates and actively manages the Acquisitions Tracking Sheet.
- Discusses exposures with clients to create insurance Statements of Value (SOV) to capture client’s locations and property exposures for client’s approval and submission to carriers.
- Stays current on the latest Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac insurance requirements to be able to review contracts and secure proper coverage, negotiate terms with carrier and properly executive evidence of insurance for clients.
- Generates and analyzes Marshall & Swift valuations utilizing Marshall & Swift online software and respond to lender’s questions concerning the valuations and negotiate changes in values with lender and carrier.
- Creates and provides Acquisition Pricing Spreadsheet per property once a property goes under contract.
- Utilize our web-based Agency Management System to set up new clients.
- Performs ongoing tasks related to assisting Agents/Brokers with proper client documentation.
- Responds in a timely manner to various inquiries from clients. Gathers and delivers signed documents to underwriters and obtains any additional information to finalize bind requests from agents (ex: loss runs, No Known Loss Letters, binder subjectivities).
- Creates client summary packages, marketing materials, proposals, etc. for agents utilizing Microsoft Publisher and AMS.
- Produces general correspondence, client binders, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business, and financial reports, etc.
- Adheres to Franklin Street’s Insurance best practices and procedures.
- Assists agents/brokers with day-to-day tasks and special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1-3 years of experience supporting a commercial insurance business – preferably in the P&C specialty area preferred. At least 1 year of experience working in a professional business services office in an administrative or support role required. Prior work or internship experience in insurance, real estate, or sales may be considered.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents and multi-tiered insurance models is required.
- Skill set related to business development, cultivation, and relationship management with ability to identify customer needs and effectively communicate, position, negotiate, and drive solutions sales.
- An outgoing, positive person who can develop high level relationships with property owners and business partners.
- A driven, disciplined, resilient, achievement-focused, coachable professional.
- Must have knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through 1+ year(s) of related experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (professional level English). Must be able to speak clearly and concisely. Must possess the ability to represent the company professionally both in person and over the phone with a pleasant demeanor and customer service focus. Strong presentation skills, (both oral and written). Professional business attire is required.
- Analytical ability is required to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various problems, and prioritize work.
- Ability to represent the company professionally in front of guests with a pleasant demeanor, and hospitality / customer service focus. Professional business attire is required.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced business environment.
- This position may require occasional travel – most often within the regional area.
Education and Technical Requirement:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required. Insurance, Risk Management, Actuarial Sciences, or Finance/Business major preferred.
- Must possess or be actively working towards a Property and Casualty Insurance License (2-20 or 4-40). Must obtain a 4-40 license or 2-20 within first 90 days. Must obtain a 2-20 within the first 12 months in position.
- High level of proficiency in computer skills including MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required. Knowledge of general database / client management software required along with a willingness and ability to learn new software programs including Adobe InDesign, PowerPoint etc.as needed is required.
- AMS 360 proficiency or similar industry software experience a plus.
- Ability to type 45-50 wpm or faster required.
- Additional coursework or related insurance industry experience a plus.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.