Franklin Street is currently seeking a Acquisition & Lender Compliance Associate to join our Insurance Service Team in Tampa, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess 1-3 years of experience supporting a commercial insurance business – preferably Property & Casualty specialty area. At least 1 year of experience working in a professional business services office in an administrative or support role is required. Must posses Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university with Insurance, Risk Management, Actuarial Sciences, or Finance/Business major preferred.
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
- Prepares premium estimates for client’s potential commercial real estate acquisitions.
- Updates and actively manages the Acquisitions Tracking Sheet.
- Creates insurance Statements of Value (SOV) to capture client’s locations and property exposures for client’s approval and submission to carriers.
- Stays current on the latest Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac insurance requirements in order to be able to review contracts, provide proper coverage, and properly executive evidence of insurance for clients.
- Generates Marshall & Swift valuations utilizing Marshall & Swift online software and respond to lender’s questions concerning the valuations.
- Creates an Acquisition Pricing Spreadsheet per property once a property goes under contract.
- Utilizing the Agency Management System (AMS 360), performs the following:
- Sets up new clients
- Creates new Certificates of Insurance and Evidence of Property, as needed.
- Uploads copies of Master Certificates and other related documents into the AMS creating “activities”.
- Maintains updated coverage information, endorsements, and correspondence in the AMS and proprietary database on an ongoing basis.
- Prepares accurate quotes utilizing various carrier websites.
- Creates suspense items in the AMS in order to follow up on open issues timely.
- Attaches all pertinent client and carrier correspondence and documentation to the AMS.
- Performs ongoing tasks related to assisting Agents/Brokers with proper client documentation including but not limited to:
- Creates proposal documents and presentations.
- Produces Loss Summaries.
- Performs SOV reconciliation.
- Creates Acord 125 & 126 documents from the AMS.
- Creates supplemental applications.
- Updates databases and spreadsheets for the team.
- Scans and uploads documents on a daily basis.
- Processes mail.
- Performs other various routine insurance processing functions.
- Orders requests for change to carrier’s policies when necessary and updates the AMS accordingly.
- Obtains loss runs to complete Premium and Loss Summaries for client review and/or submission to carriers. Obtains No Known Loss Letters and/or Client Authorization letters if necessary.
- Creates client invoices within AMS
- Reviews policies for accuracy with quote and proposal.
- Creates documentation to send policies to client.
- Responds in a timely manner to various inquiries from clients. Gathers signed documents, delivers signed documents to underwriters, and obtains any additional information to finalize bind requests from agents (ex: loss runs, No Known Loss Letters, binder subjectivities).
- Creates client summary packages, marketing materials, proposals, etc. for agents utilizing Microsoft Publisher and/or the AMS.
- Assists agents/brokers as needed by typing and producing general correspondence, client binders, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business, and financial reports, etc.
- Adheres to Franklin Street Best Practices and Procedures.
- Assists agents/brokers with day-to-day tasks and special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 1-3 years of experience supporting a commercial insurance business – preferably in the P&C specialty area preferred. At least 1 year of experience working in a professional business services office in an administrative or support role required. Prior work or internship experience in insurance, real estate, or sales may be considered.
- Ability to comprehend, analyze, and interpret complex business documents and multi-tiered insurance models is required.
- Skillsets related to business development, cultivation, and relationship management with ability to identify customer needs and effectively communicate, position, negotiate, and drive solutions sales.
- An outgoing, positive person who has the ability to develop high level relationships with property owners and business partners.
- A driven, disciplined, resilient, achievement-focused, coachable professional.
- Must have knowledge of secretarial, office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through 1+ year(s) of related experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (professional level English). Must be able to speak clearly and concisely. Must possess the ability to represent the company professionally both in person and over the phone with a pleasant demeanor and customer service focus. Strong presentation skills, (both oral and written). Professional business attire is required.
- Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various problems, and prioritize work.
- Ability to represent the company professionally in front of guests with a pleasant demeanor, and hospitality / customer service focus. Professional business attire is required.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced business environment.
- This position may require occasional travel – most often within the regional area.
Education and Technical Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university is required. Insurance, Risk Management, Actuarial Sciences, or Finance/Business major preferred.
- Must possess a Property and Casualty Insurance License (2-20 or 4-40).
- High level of proficiency in computer skills including MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required. Knowledge of general database / client management software required along with a willingness and ability to learn new software programs including Adobe InDesign, PowerPoint etc.as needed is required.
- AMS 360 proficiency or similar industry software experience a plus. • Ability to type 45-50 wpm or faster required.
- Additional coursework or related insurance industry experience a plus.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.