Franklin Street is currently seeking a Claims Specialist to join our Insurance Service Team in Tampa, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess a 4-year college degree. Minimum of 2-3 years claims adjusting experience with an emphasis on both first party commercial property insurance and third-party liability claims handling. Professional designations such as AIC, ARM, or CPCU designations are desired.
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
- Manage a caseload of approximately 150-200 claims for commercial property and general liability lines of insurance.
- Provide frequent communication to clients based upon established timeframes during the claim.
- Coordinate with adjusters on appropriate claim handling strategies.
- Participate in client meetings and discuss claim developments.
- Being able to interpret policy coverage forms and assist our clients on carrier coverage disputes and advocate for coverage.
- Prepare detailed client Claim Review Reports and attend regular scheduled formal claims review meetings between the client and insurers and/or appointed claims handlers/adjusters.
- Necessary attendance, input, and guidance at client meetings to discuss claim developments.
- Collaborate with claims adjusters to prevent/resolve problematic claims through to closure.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Preferable field property claims adjusting experience
- Loss control and risk management experience a plus
- Strong command and knowledge of litigation processes
- Utilizes effective consultation and negotiation techniques during challenging situations.
Education and Technical Requirements
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, capitalization, and style to prepare a wide variety of correspondence.
- Ability to type 45-50 wpm or faster
- Active insurance adjuster’s license a plus
- Professional designations such as AIC, ARM, or CPCU designations are desired.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.