Franklin Street is currently seeking a Brokerage & Placement Associate to join our Insurance Services Team in Tampa, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess a current Florida 2-20 (Property and Casualty Insurance License) or willingness to obtain within first 90 days. 1-3 years of capital markets or commercial real estate experience required. Undergraduate degree in Finance, Economics or related field from a regionally accredited university or college.
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
- Understand the risks and exposures associated with various clients national real estate portfolios.
- Strategize on new business opportunities and client renewals.
- Analyze portfolios loss histories, identify frequency trends and make recommendations for risk management solutions.
- Conduct portfolio and loss analyses using cutting edge business intelligence software.
- Evaluate insurance coverage available in the marketplace to recommend options for existing accounts and new business.
- Strategize with marketing team regarding the appropriate marketing approach for an account.
- Present risks to the insurance marketplace for quoting, as needed.
- Negotiate with underwriters and brokers to achieve the most desirable combination of cost and coverage.
- Learn and maintain an in-depth knowledge of carrier submission requirements and attributes of insurance company partners underwriting appetites.
- Cultivate strong relationships with clients, sales staff and insurance company partners.
- Work with team to assemble/present Request for Proposals (RFPs), new business proposals and client renewal proposals.
- Analyze risks and exposures of new assets for clients in order to provide premium indications.
- Work with Underwriters toward deadlines, set expectations with them, persuade to offer desired terms & conditions.
- Review lender/investor insurance requirements to ensure compliance and negotiate them as needed.
- Maintain a priority for accuracy, timeliness and completion while demonstrating strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Utilize our web-based Agency Management System.
- Become highly proficient in all Microsoft office products including Excel, Publisher, Power BI, Word, PowerPoint.
- Work on special projects and performs other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Preferred 2+ years of experience in a commercial insurance agency or brokerage environment. P&C experience is a plus.
- Possess skills necessary to communicate with producers, carriers and clients concerning commercial lines of coverage.
- A driven, disciplined, resilient, achievement-focused, coachable professional.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with varying deadlines for several clients.
- Strong presentation skills, (both oral and written).
- This position requires some travel.
Education and Technical Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management & Insurance, Real Estate or Finance preferred, or equivalent combination of education experience.
- Current Florida 2-20 (Property and Casualty Insurance License) or willingness to obtain within first 90 days.
- Moderate to advanced knowledge of MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required. Knowledge of general database / client management software required along with a willingness and ability to learn new software programs including Adobe InDesign, Power BI etc. as needed is required.
- Required to have and maintain access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to type 45-50 wpm or faster required.
- Additional coursework or related insurance industry experience a plus.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.