Join Franklin Street – the fastest growing commercial real estate firm in the Southeast!
At Franklin Street, we achieve success with a collaborative company culture – hiring top professionals sharing our value for integrity, hard work, and accountability.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Franklin Street is currently seeking an Assistant Property Manager to support the Property Management Team at Thee Boardwalk Apartments in Ft. Myers, FL.
- Under the direction of the Property Manager, operates the property efficiently in compliance with Company guidelines in order to achieve maximum return on investment (ROI) for the property owner. This includes but is not limited to:
- Collects and secures rental and utility payments.
- Makes daily bank deposits and verifies the accuracy of those deposits.
- Delivers late rent letters, “notices”, and personally contacts all residents who have unpaid rent.
- Assists in the eviction process and follow-up procedures.
- Utilizes property management software and other systems:
- Inputs daily activity transactions
- Prepares accounting records and reports, including Statement of Deposit Account and monthly close out.
- Ensures occupancy targets are at company standards by performing tasks to effectively market and lease apartments while maximizing the retention of current residents.
- Uses prescribed sales techniques and methods required by the Company effectively and in a legal and professional manner to show and lease apartments and prepare leases.
- Maintains proficiency with Company equipment and software systems (Yardi, time management, MSOffice, Outlook, etc.) in order to review and reconcile monthly reports, communicate effectively, and follow Company procedures.
- Plans, coordinates, and participates in resident retention functions.
- Handles or assists in receiving, recording, preparation and follow-up of work orders to facilitate resident’s service requests.
- Performs regular physical inspections of the property including vacant and “make-ready” apartments, and follows up with Maintenance Supervisor to ensure that work has been completed to Company standards.
- Models a high level of customer service and ensures all employees display a courteous and helpful attitude towards residents, co-workers, and all visitors to the property.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Technical Requirements:
- High school diploma required. College degree and/or applicable college course work completion a plus.
- 2+ years of property management experience preferred.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Yardi or comparable property management software proficiency a plus.
- Proficiency with standard office equipment including computer, MSOffice suite (Excel, Word, Outlook), calculator, fax machine, and electronic scanner.
- Supervisory level math skills including the ability to calculate pro-rations, bank deposits, time keeping records, etc.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have reliable transportation in order to make bank deposits, attend meetings, pick-up supplies, distribute marketing etc. as needed.
- Must have mode of communication in which to be contacted to respond in cases of emergency.
- Must be available for weekend, holiday, and evening work, if needed.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend Spanish at a fluent level strongly preferred.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
Learn more about Franklin Street at www.FranklinSt.com.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.