Franklin Street is currently seeking an Assistant General Manager to join our team in Orlando, FL.
The ideal candidate must possess Yardi experience, as well as financial acumen and knowledge of CAM reconciliation methodology and execution. This is a client-facing position, and you will be working in an “on-site” setting. The ideal candidate must be comfortable managing administrative duties and being in a decision-making role. CMA or RPA designation or actively pursuing is highly preferred.
The Assistant General Manager assists in providing strategic direction and proactive management for a large portfolio of commercial retail properties and clients in multiple markets. Part of a team of Property Managers in the execution of the activities that will result in achievement of the property goals, both financial and operational, set forth by the company for the portfolio.
- Manages the portfolio’s financial performance. Works with Senior Area Director to recommend strategy and tactics for achieving objectives.
- Assists with the development and gains consensus for and implements the Management Plan for assigned assets.
- Works on a team engaged in operating a group of properties efficiently in compliance with Company guidelines to achieve maximum return on investment (ROI) for the property owner. This includes but is not limited to:
- Directs operations to meet revenue and operating income targets.
- Assists the Senior Regional Director in working with property owners to ensure that objectives are being met in cases needing escalation.
- Reviews rent collection performance by client. Oversees legal action as necessary.
- Establishes, communicates, and manages the tenant move-in/move-out process to minimize disruption to established tenants.
- Assists in creation and review of financial plans, annual budgets for operating expenses and capital expenditures.
- Assists with the preparation and review the annual jurisdictional forms and filings as required. (i.e., Income & Expense, Real Estate Tax payments, Property Tax filings, Baseball tax, etc.)
- Works with Client Accounting Services to manage the accounting process and directs portfolio level bookkeeping functions and collection process. Assists with the development and revision of written accounting procedures for commercial office buildings aimed toward an appropriate level of control for cash receipts and deposits.
- Competitively bids and prepares all service contracts to assure high quality and cost-effective services. Assembles and analyzes contract bids, and submits bids, recommendations, and standard form contract agreement to Senior Area Director for execution. Acts as primary contact for service contractors and vendors. Participates in group bid process as appropriate.
- Prepares and reviews financial statements and reports on status of commercial office buildings such as occupancy rates and dates of expiration of leases.
- Prepares and reviews financial reports for client on monthly, quarterly, and annual basis complying with requirements in management services agreement, with copy to the Senior Regional Director. Analyzes financial statements to project future financial position and budget requirements.
- Maintains and utilizes supervisory level knowledge of common property management business practices, to ensure effective implementation of plans and strategies and to ensure timely corporate reporting including Company policies and procedures, market data, systems reporting tools, general accounting processes, legal compliance including OSHA etc.
- Participates in regional and national property management initiatives.
- Ensures guidelines are followed for purchasing supplies, maintaining expenses within budget, and obtaining bids on appropriate property projects, etc.
- Oversees vendor bidding and contracting processes for vendor services as required.
- Conducts in depth financial analysis on assets they are directly responsible for.
- Prepares and reviews the timely and accurate preparation of all required management and accounting reports and forms, including bank deposits, monthly collection reporting, delinquency reports, accounts payable, statement of deposit accounts, human resources forms, safety reporting, and monthly market surveys.
- Maintains proficiency with Company equipment and software systems (Yardi, time management, MSOffice, Outlook, etc.) to review and reconcile monthly reports, communicate effectively, and follow Company procedures.
- Ensures orderly records are maintained in accordance with applicable laws and Company policy and procedure.
- Communicates regularly with Senior Area Director and business partners to update them on property issues, events, and overall property performance.
- Practices and promotes a collaborative team environment. Works with Senior Area Director to create a team that supports the corporate Strategy Map while striving to create a Best Place to Work environment.
- Models a high level of customer service and ensures all employees display a courteous and helpful attitude towards tenants, co-workers, and all visitors to the property.
- Models behaviors in alignment with company core values: Integrity, Accountability, Hard Work, and Collaboration. Leads by example and follows Company policies, procedures, and best practices, both as an individual as the leader of his/her team.
- Ensures regular physical inspections of the property including vacant units and common areas. Recommends and/or approves alterations, maintenance, and reconditioning as necessary.
- Ensures property and staff always maintain a safe environment for tenants, guests, and staff including compliance with legal guidelines and Company standards. Always executes Company safety program effectively.
- Capable of managing construction projects such as tenant improvements, restroom renovations and major repair and maintenance projects, etc.
- Reviews construction specifications or plans, obtaining advice from the Project Management group, Senior Regional Director, and/or engineering consultants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of four (4) years of commercial real estate or property management experience including budget preparation/financial reporting, familiarity with building systems, lease negotiation, documentation, and administration.
- Ability to analyze, interpret and explain financial statements and calculate dollar and percentage variances. Possesses proven financial and accounting acumen including clear understanding of cash and accrual accounting procedures as well as CAM Reconciliation and creation knowledge a must.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, prorations, percentages, basic calculation of measurement of rent, parking fees, and late fees. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents (lease documents, claims of lien, etc.), general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
- Working knowledge of leases, contracts, financial instruments, tax laws, and construction.
- Strong communication skills paired with the ability to train and coach staff and discuss complex issues and participate in negotiations with owners and contractors.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on complex topics to clients, top management, public groups, and/or employees.
- Ability to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations.
- Attention to detail and exceptional follow-thru. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive issues.
- Team Player who collaborates daily and can easily pivot to assist on other projects as needed
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines at the same time in a high volume, fast-paced environment while ensuring accuracy and efficiency
- Ability to be proactive and effectively anticipate client needs.
- Remains flexible and positive in shifting daily priorities and situations.
- Comfortable being hands on as the role involves heavy execution working within a small team.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of financial terms and principles. Ability to develop and implement financial policies and procedures that include (but not limited to): A/P, A/R, budget creation, and CAM reconciliation in a multi-tenant office or industrial environment.
- Yardi or comparable property management software proficiency required.
- High level of proficiency in computer skills including MS Office applications (Excel, Word, Outlook) and internet / application software is required along with a willingness and ability to learn new software programs.
- Undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university required. Degree in business, finance, real estate, accounting, or related field is preferred.
- Real Estate license preferred.
- CPM or RPA professional designation or candidacy preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
About Franklin Street:
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet clients’ evolving needs. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company-sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post-offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.