Franklin Street is currently seeking an Account Manager to join our Insurance Service Team.
The ideal candidate must possess 3 – 5 + years of proven experience demonstrating the ability to service, manage, retain, and grow an existing book of commercial insurance – preferably in the P&C specialty area. An active 2-20 Insurance license is required. Proficient in AMS 360 and Microsoft Office is preferred.
Franklin Street is a family of full-service real estate companies focused on delivering value-added solutions to meet the evolving needs of clients. Through a collaborative philosophy of leveraging the resources, expertise, and experience of each of its divisions—Real Estate, Capital, Insurance, Property Management, and Project Management—Franklin Street offers unmatched value and optimal solutions for clients nationwide.
Make your next career move with Franklin Street. With seven lines of business and six offices across Florida and in Atlanta, that perfect opportunity you’ve been looking for is here. We believe in hiring a mix of experienced and new talent to join our team of professionals. Whatever your expertise, wherever you are on your career path, Franklin Street is your destination for success.
- Services, manages, retains, and grows an existing book of insurance business.
- Initiates quotes.
- Talks with underwriters.
- Solves issues and answers technical questions of an advanced nature.
- Handles all day-to-day service work associated with the client’s account, including all endorsement activity and routine coverage questions. Responds to inquiries from clients and communicates through the point-of-sale to gather signed documents, deliver signed documents to underwriters, and obtains any additional information to finalize bind requests from agents (ex: loss runs). Follows up with underwriters for quotes.
- Markets renewals to carriers on behalf of clients and assists in marketing of new business. Ensuring that policy renewals are performed in a timely manner and that client coverage is reviewed at least annually for proper coverages etc. is a core function of this job. Sends renewal letters and correspondence to clients throughout the year.
- Client Contact: Develops and maintains client relationships during the management and renewal process of assigned insurance accounts to ensure excellent customer service and account retention.
- Identifies and determines coverage of policies to be entered into the agency management software system (AMS 360). Keeps activity, deadlines, renewal dates, coverage information, endorsements, and correspondence updated in management system daily to ensure real time information. Updates databases and spreadsheets.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgment in significant matters related to the business and customer service – for example, has the authority to bind insurance coverage on behalf of clients on a regular basis.
- At the discretion of the agent, may accompany agent on client visits, presentations, and meetings.
- In some circumstances, depending on the size of the book of business, may supervise a Commercial Insurance Assistant.
- Prepares/delegates and arranges delivery of certificates of insurance, policies, endorsements, and invoices to clients.
- Records and reports loss notices to carrier.
- Maintains strong lines of communication with the Managing Directors.
- Performs desktop publishing on regular basis to assist in the creation of marketing materials and assists in the creation of PowerPoint presentations. Types and produces general correspondences, memos, charts, tables, graphs, business and financial reports, etc.
- Maintains strict confidentiality regarding company marketing and business matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3 – 5 + years of proven experience demonstrating the ability to service, manage, retain, and grow an existing book of commercial insurance – preferably in the P&C specialty area.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (professional level English). Must be able to speak clearly and concisely. Must possess the ability to represent the company professionally both in person and over the phone with a pleasant demeanor and customer service focus. Professional business attire is required.
- Must be organized, focused, and able to multi-task in a fast-paced business environment.
- Analytical ability is required in order to gather and summarize data for reports, find solutions to various problems, and prioritize work.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline driven, business environment.
Education and Technical Requirements:
- An active Insurance license is required (In Florida, an active 2-20 license is required. In Georgia, an active agent license is required.)
- AMS 360 proficiency or similar industry software experience strongly preferred.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, and related software required. InDesign proficiency a plus.
- Ability to type 45 – 50 wpm or faster strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. High school diploma required.
- Additional coursework or related insurance industry experience a plus.
Learn more about Franklin Street and our award-winning culture at www.FranklinSt.com.
Driven by Our Clients, Guided by Our Expertise. Franklin Street offers results-driven, customized real estate solutions with a proactive client-first approach. We are a full-service firm with a small firm feel. From capital and insurance, through sales, leasing, and property management, Franklin Street is fully committed to delivering the integration, expertise, and support you need to succeed.
Drive, Passion, Commitment. We are fiercely dedicated to fostering an environment that promotes our core values of accountability, collaboration, integrity, hard work and innovation. We have high expectations for ourselves and others and care profoundly about supporting and celebrating our teammates and communities.
We are one TEAM. At Franklin Street, we pride ourselves on our culture. We are committed to our communities and operate as one team, one family.
We are invested in you. We encourage our team members to strengthen their capabilities and are invested in the success of everyone’s career.
We win big and celebrate. We take the time to enjoy the progression of each other’s achievements and recognize our collective success. In our culture, hard work comes with exceptional rewards.
Franklin Street offers competitive salaries, medical – including additional discounts, dental, and vision benefits, disability, and life insurance, 401(K), paid time off, and holiday pay. We also love working together to help the community through our company sponsored philanthropy events.
Must be able to successfully pass pre-employment (post offer) drug screen and background check.
Franklin Street and Lighthouse HR Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, or any other classification protected by law.